This is a universal metal cleaning salt (powder) for all types of metals including silver, gold, rhodium and platinum. Should be used for each metal objects before each plating process. To be mixed with 1 L of distilled water 1:10. No harmful. Reusable. Shelf life - 2 years. Any quantity is available on request. Please find more information about this chemicals and instruction to use below.
Instruction to use:
- very easy to use - just stir 100 gr of this powder with warm (104-140 f/40-60 c) distilled water 1:10 in a suitable glass or plastic container.
- place in the container a stainless steel anode (please find more information about this anode bellow) and connect it to a positive power supply.
- connect an object to be cleaned by copper or aluminium wire to a negative power supply and deep this object in same container under top level of solution.
- apply 5-15V DC for 1 minute.
- amperage range 0.5 - 1.5 A DC.
- desired distance between anode and cleaning object: 2"-3" (50-75 mm).
- rinse the cleaned object in warm rinsing water and start to plate before it will going to be dry.
- repeat if necessary.
Useful tips for beginners:
This type of chemicals can be used to clean up all types of metals including silver, gold, rhodium and platinum.
Shelf life - 2 years in a dark, cold place.
To get a good plating result you must to clean all metal objects before start to plate them.
For this type of chemicals use only a stainless steel anode (graded 316+) or higher.
Please remember that anode must be twice bigger then area of plating / cleaning object.
Universal Metal Cleaning Salt for 1L of solution
- Product Code: Metal cleaning salt
- Availability: In Stock